PE – Home Learning
Welcome to The Castle Rock PE section of the website. Instead of having your normal PE lesson we want you to be as active as possible at home, while we are in lockdown and working remotely. We have given you a selection of activities to do each week, these are:
- Weekly activity – Each week we ask you to complete one of our lesson activities.
- Beat the Teacher – Try your hand at a new skill, get active and see if you can Beat the Teacher – you are welcome to send in your results or even a clip or photo of you in action.
- The Continuous Challenge – Get out and about and record your distance – can you get to some of our destinations?
Alternatively, you can do something of your own, like Joe Wicks or Just Dance. All that we ask is for you to keep a log of what you do and send that in, every week, on Teams to your PE teacher.
How ever you keep active at home, make sure you stay safe, by following The Castle Rock Rules for Being Active.
The PE Department
Beat The Teacher
Click on the video below, to see the PE department’s attempt at the latest Beat The Teacher challenge.
Can you beat their highest score?
Watch the video below for more details. Don’t forget to record your progress on a Continuous Challenge Log Sheet and share it with your PE teacher in a Teams Assignment.
Each week, you will be able to choose from a number of different activities, to help you to keep active.
Click on the link below, to see this week’s
suggestions for your weekly activity.
Make sure to record your progress and share your achievements with your teachers. Don’t forget to
fill in and return the Weekly Activity Log Sheet to
your PE teacher, through an assignment in Teams.
Click on the links below, to view the latest leaderboards for the Continuous Challenge and the different Beat The Teacher activities. See who is at the top of each challenge for your year group. Can you get to the top? You must sign into your office365 account to see the leaderboards.
Youth Sport Trust – Free Resources
The Youth Sport Trust have partnered with Oak National to create a virtual PE curriculum, to support with remote learning for secondary schools.
Click on the links below to access these free resources and lessons.
- Secondary #ThisIsPE Activities – A wide range of activities that can be done at home and with household objects. All videos have been filmed by current secondary PE teachers who are part of the Youth Sport Trust Secondary PE CatalYST network.
- Free Activities for children with SEND – Lots of activities designed to ensure young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
can access inspiring, accessible and meaningful PE and school sport during their home learning.
- Girls Football Resources – on the FA Girls’ Football in Schools website, you’ll find a range of exciting free resources to help engage girls with football in your school.